Garden Furniture and The Appeal of a Great Yard
Much like how a home is a person’s castle, their yard can be seen as their courtyard. Yards can be status symbols, with greener grass, taller trees and more colorful flowers setting someone above their neighbor. Yards can be an outlet for creativity, with gardeners using the earth and living plants as their canvas and paint. Most importantly, a yard is somewhere for you to relax.
When you are trying to decorate your yard to enhance the external appearance of your home, garden furniture is one of the most valuable tools at your disposal. By carefully placing combinations of garden furniture around your yard you can transform it into an outdoor living room or dining room. This can be a great way to provide a fun and relaxing environment that allows your family to enjoy the fresh air.
The First Steps of Using Garden Furniture
We’ll assume that you’re a new homeowner and that your existing garden is in a very rudimentary state. There are a number of important steps to follow before considering the placement of garden furniture:
· Planning – The planning stage is the most critical part of your entire gardening endeavor. This is where you determine information like the location of flower beds, garden structures and other important components. The first part of this step is to measure the size of your yard. By having a good idea of the space available to you, you can be better prepared for what lies ahead.
A good strategy is to map out your yard, to scale, on graph paper. Once done, you can pencil in rough outlines of where you’d like gardens and other features to be positioned. A great advantage of charting your yard on paper is that you can take the drawing with you to show to garden center staff, thus allowing them to provide advice based on your plans.
· Landscaping – This is the second important step when planning a yard and the use of garden furniture. Once you’ve mapped out the location of everything, you need to begin preparing the yard itself for planting. Acquire the right tools for the jobs ahead to ensure that you are as best prepared as possible.
Dig out your flower beds, lay patio and walkways, build structures and install any water features such as ponds that you are planning to include. This will give you a good base from which to work when the time comes to plant the garden. For larger and complex tasks, you may wish to hire a landscaping company. Although expensive, this can save you a lot of labor.
· Planting – This third stage is where you actually plant all of the flowers and shrubs you have chosen out for your yard. Be sure to follow any advice located on the tags of individual plants, as many species have certain sun exposure requirements or soil quality needs.
· Placement – This final stage is where you install garden furniture and art in your yard. Once you know where everything else is located, you’ll have the best idea about appropriate locations for garden furniture placement.
Varieties and Uses of Garden Furniture
There are a number of different types of garden furniture to choose from, all of which have specific applications. By using effective combinations you can create an environment that you’ll be proud to host gatherings in. Consider the following garden furniture advice:
· Tables and Chairs – Treat these items of garden furniture as you would their indoor counterparts. A patio or deck is the best place to locate such a set, especially if you have a barbecue positioned nearby. By having a patio table and chairs, you can elect to eat meals outdoors during nice weather, which can be both relaxing and enjoyable.
· Benches – You’ll find that the artful inclusion of a bench amongst your favorite plants or in a peaceful shady spot of your garden gives you a place to relax and enjoy the fresh air. This can also be a romantic spot perfect for spending time with your significant other. Benches are very popular for placement in gardens.
Additional Garden Furniture Tips for Happy Living
Now that you have some recommendations for designing and decorating your yard, you can begin transforming an unused space into the most important part of your home using garden furniture. Perhaps the greatest appeal of having a great garden is that you can be proud of your own creation while showing it off to friends and family. Nothing beats enjoying the results of your own hard work.
By carefully using garden furniture to transform your yard into an outdoor living room you can effectively expand the size of your home by a large degree. This can be highly advantageous if your house is small or crowded. Regardless of your purpose, the skillful placement of garden furniture is an important part of landscaping your yard.
Copyright (c) 2008 – Brant Florist
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.